AccelByte lobby services provide continuous connection between the players and the game by using WebSocket. WebSocket ensures reliable, real-time data transfer by allowing two-way communication between the server and clients. Our lobby includes the following services:
- Presence enables players to see what other players are doing in real-time. This feature is critical in online multiplayer games, because player interactions rely on knowing which players are available.
- Party is used as the basis for multiplayer matchmaking. The party can be integrated with other lobby services such as presence, friends, and chat, to enrich the multiplayer experience.
- Friends lets players connect and interact with each other. AccelByte supports both in-game friends and platform or launcher level friends. In-game friends can chat and play together within a game title, whereas platform level friends allows players of different games to interact with each other.
- Chat enables real-time text based communication in-game. We support global, party, and individual chat.
- Matchmaking Daemon is responsible for matching multiple players based on the selected matchmaking channel configurations.
- Check out the API Reference for more information about Lobby services.