The AccelByte Launcher is a digital distribution platform for purchasing and playing video games. The Launcher comes in a web-based application downloadable from the Player Portal. In addition to buying and playing games, players can also use the launcher to read news about your game, purchase items for in-game use, and contact customer service. Launcher also includes high-level features such as secure login and logout for players, easy registration with 3rd party accounts, and other supporting features such as:
- Auto Updates Games
- Multi-Language Support
- Direct Game Purchase
- Uninstall Games
- Social Interactions; Friends & Chats
# Managing a User Profile in Launcher
After you have logged into Launcher, you can manage your account data such as your profile, orders, and password.
# How to Manage a User Profile
- On the landing page, hover over the profile icon and select Profile.
- You will be directed to the Profile page. Here you can see the games you own, your linked 3rd party accounts, and a list of your active sessions.
- Click the My Profile menu on the left sidebar.
- Modify the fields you want to edit, then click the Save Changes button when you’re done.
# How to Recharge Coins Using AccelByte Pay Station
- In the top-right corner of the navigation bar, click the blue AccelByte logo. You will be directed to the Recharge Coins Package page.
- Choose which package you’d like to buy and click Buy under the desired package.
- Choose how many packages you’d like to buy from the Quantity dropdown menu. The Amount to pay will update if you modify the quantity. When you’re done, click Continue to Payment.
- Input your credit card information, and click Buy. You can also save this credit card to use it as the payment method for future purchases.
# How to Manage Purchased Items
- On the landing page, hover over the profile icon and select My Orders.
- You will be directed to the Order History page.
- Click View next to any order to see more detailed information about that order.
# How to Link 3rd Party Platform Accounts
- On the Account page, click the Linked Accounts menu on the left sidebar.
- In this tutorial, we’re linking our Steam account. Choose Steam and the Steam Sign In page will appear.
- Sign into your Google account on the Google Sign In page. Once the account is linked, it will appear in the Linked Accounts list.
- If your Stadia account is already linked to another Player Portal account, you’ll need to confirm if you want to link your previous account to your current account.
If you choose to link your Launcher accounts, your game progress from the previous account will be lost.
- Confirm your account by clicking on the Yes button. When you’re done, your account will be added to the Linked Accounts list.
# How to Change Your Password
- On the landing page, hover over the profile icon and select Change Password. Then, you will be directed to the Change Password page.
- Input both your current and new password following the character requirements. When you’re finished, click Update Password in the bottom-right corner.
# Personal Data
# Download Personal Data
- On the My Account page, click the Personal Data menu on the left sidebar. Input your password and click the Send Request button to make the request.
- Approval of the request can take up to 28 days. Once it has been approved, the status of the request will change to Completed and you’ll be able to download the file containing your account data.
- You’ll also receive an email informing you that the data is now available for download.
# Acquiring New Content in Launcher
Launcher allows players to purchase and download both games and in-game items.
# How to Download Games
- On the Store page, select which game you want to download or purchase.
- On the selected Game page, scroll down and find the Claim or Purchase button.
- After the game has been successfully claimed or purchased, click Go to the Library to be directed to the game.
- Click Install.
- To start installing the game, click Confirm. Or, click Cancel to cancel the installation.
# How to Buy In-Game Items
- On the Store page, click the Bundles tab to choose which items you want to purchase.
- Select which game store you want to browse. In this tutorial, the AB Shooter Game store page is selected.
- Select the items you want to purchase from the provided list. When you’re finished, click Buy Now.
- Some items can only be bought with real currency, whereas others can be bought with both real currency and AccelByte Coins.
- Select the Quantity and the desired Price Option of the item you want to buy, if applicable. Then click Buy Now.
- A purchase confirmation window will appear. Ensure that the purchase information is correct and click Pay Now to complete the purchase.
# How to Buy a Product Key
- On the Store page, switch to the Product Key tab. Then, select the Product Key you want to purchase. In this tutorial, the game code is selected.
- After successful payment, the key will appear in the Purchased Items. From here the key is ready to use.
# Redeem a Code
Players can redeem a campaign code to get an item.
# How to Redeem a Code
- On the landing page, hover over the profile button and select Profile.
- Once you are on the profile page, click Redeem Code on the left sidebar. Then, input the campaign code in the field to redeem the item. In this case, the code grants the player 125 JC.
- Here you can see that 125 JC has been added to the player’s balance.
# How to Sign Up for a Subscription Plan
- To sign up for a plan, go to the navigation bar and click on the Prime menu. Choose the subscription plan that fits you best. Then, click the Join button on the chosen subscription plan.
- You’ll be directed to the Payment Methods page. Choose your payment method and proceed with payment. You can pay with your configured payment method, or you can choose another payment method by clicking More Payment Methods.
- After your payment has been processed, you can explore the store and access the exclusive, subscription-only content.
- If you see a game that interests you, open the game’s page and click the Play Now button to play the game.